Stay At Home
Facing a life-limiting illness is difficult. When a caregiver is not present, patients are often faced with the possibility of leaving their homes and relocating to unfamiliar surroundings.
Studies indicate that people prefer dying in their own homes surrounded by their cherished memories, family and friends.
Hospice of Green Country provides Stay At Home service to help meet the needs of patients who lack adequate caregiver support.
Hospice of Green Country assists patients in accessing special services that support their safety and quality of life. Some of these services include, but are not limited to:
- In-home companion services
- Help with groceries, meal preparation, shopping and household chores
- A medical alert system to assure the patient prompt emergency assistance
- A door lockbox allowing Hospice of Green Country staff entry
- Be a current HGC patient
- Have adequate housing
- Be willing to complete a financial assessment to determine need
- Lack adequate caregiver support
If you have any questions about Stay At Home, please call Hospice of Green Country at (918) 747-2273.