About Hospice Care
How Does Hospice Care Differ from Other Kinds of Health care?
The focus of hospice is to provide comfort and supportive care to patients with a limited life expectancy and their families wherever the person calls home.
The Philosophy of Hospice believes…
- The hospice patient and family are in control of care decisions
- Compassionate, comfort care is our priority
- Quality of life is important
Hospice cares for the whole family – not just the patient. Under the guidance of the patient’s physician, the Hospice of Green Country care team provides pain and symptom relief. Experienced professionals also care for the emotional, psychological and spiritual needs of patients and their loved ones. This allows patients the opportunity to be surrounded by their loved ones – making every moment count.
The cost of hospice services is covered by Medicare and insurance for many patients. However, Hospice of Green Country provides quality, compassionate end-of-life care to patients and families – regardless of ability to pay – through Courtesy Care services.
Services provided by Hospice of Green Country include:
- A team of hospice professionals consisting of: physicians, RN case managers, LPNs, hospice aides, social workers, chaplains and volunteers
- 24-hour, 7-days-a-week staff availability
- Medication, medical equipment and supplies
- Hospice education and caregiver support
- Community referral resource services
- Courtesy Care services for patients who lack the financial resources for hospice care
- Stay At Home services and respite care
- Bereavement services for patients and families
- Pet Peace of Mind services to keep pets and their people together during hospice
If you have any questions about whether someone is ready for hospice care, please call us at (918) 747-2273. It’s never too early to ask questions or to get extra help.